Separate IRS power of attorney forms required from married couples

02/6/2012 |

The Internal Revenue Service’s new power of attorney form has one major difference from the prior version: Married couples who file joint tax returns can no longer file a joint Form 2848 to designate a representative. The new form also requires the representative’s PTIN. The IRS has indicated it will soon stop accepting old versions of the power of attorney form.

View Full Article in:

Published in Brief: