Dog's death from antifreeze sparks boy's quest for a new law

02/14/2012 | WDAF-TV (Kansas City, Mo.)

After his dog, Nikko, died from antifreeze toxicity, 12-year-old Aaron Coash is on a mission to have a state law in Kansas requiring antifreeze be mixed with a bitter-tasting agent that will deter dogs from ingesting the toxic substance. Each year in the U.S., some 10,000 animals die after consuming antifreeze. Coash's efforts would also help children, more than 1,000 of whom die every year in the U.S. from antifreeze ingestion.

View Full Article in:

WDAF-TV (Kansas City, Mo.)

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Sr. Medical Device Reimbursement Specialist - Regional
Alcon
Fort Worth , TX
Assistant General Counsel/Senior Corporate Counsel - Healthcare Law Group
Genentech
94080, CA
Clinical Trials Agreements Specialist (209955)
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine Inc.
Rockville, MD
SAFETY, HEALTH, and ENVIRONMENTAL (SHE) REGIONAL SPECIALIST
Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.
Newark, CA
MANAGER MEDICAL GAS COMPLIANCE AND SAFETY
Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.
Houston, TX