Workers using propane torches to de-ice roof cause fire

02/17/2010 | Washington Post (tiered subscription model), The

Workers tried clearing snow from the roof of a house in Montgomery County, Md., with propane torches, and accidentally set the house on fire. "We don't recommend using an open flame to clean off ice or snow from a roof, and that's exactly what it was," said Capt. Oscar Garcia, a spokesman for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service. The damage was estimated at $1.5 million.

View Full Article in:

Washington Post (tiered subscription model), The

Published in Brief: