Deal reached on statewide teacher evaluations in N.Y.

02/17/2012 | New York Times (tiered subscription model), The

Education officials and the teachers' union in New York state came to an agreement late Thursday on a plan to create a statewide system for evaluating teachers and principals. Under the system, 40% of teachers' evaluations will be based on student test scores, half of which will take into account students' year-to-year learning growth; the remaining 60% will come from classroom observations and other subjective measures. The compromise ends a nearly two-year impasse and is expected to help the state preserve a $700 million federal Race to the Top grant.

View Full Article in:

New York Times (tiered subscription model), The

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Education

Job Title Company Location
Technical Assistance Consultant (8336)
Am
Chicago, IL
Technical Assistance Associate (8330)
American Institute for Researcher
Chicago, IL
San Francisco Unified is Accepting Applications for 2015-16!
San Francisco Unified school District
San Frnacisco, CA
San Francisco Unified is Accepting Applications for 2015-16!
San Francisco Unified School District
San Francisco, CA
Director of Professional Services
Engaging Schools, Inc.
Cambridge, MA