Pot-bellied pig's drug ingestion highlights toxicity dangers

02/21/2012 | KVVU-TV (Las Vegas)

After a family's pet pot-bellied pig, Crispy Bacon, ingested excessive amounts of human medication, he was rushed to an animal hospital and successfully treated during a three-day stay. While the species is a bit unusual, overdosing is actually the primary type of drug toxicity seen in pets, according to Curtis Steinhoff of Veterinary Pet Insurance Co.

View Full Article in:

KVVU-TV (Las Vegas)

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Senior Director Medical Affairs
Edwards Lifesciences
Irvine, CA
Senior Scientist - Cell Engineering Group
Pfizer
San Francisco, CA
Medical Director - Physician
Willamette Valley Community Health
Salem, OR
Area Reimbursement Manager (CT, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, VT)
SI-BONE, INC
Multiple Locations, SL_Multiple Locations
Medical Director - Physician
Willamette Valley Community Health
Salem, OR