11 injured in supermarket propane incident

03/16/2010 | Express-Times (Easton-Bethlehem, Pa.), The

Eleven people were hospitalized, three with life-threatening injuries, after workers at a Giant supermarket in Pennsylvania used an improperly ventilated propane-powered tile cutter during operating hours. The tool was being used in a tent made from plastic tarps. Police said that carbon monoxide levels inside the enclosure reached 400 parts per million, or more than 11 times the level at which most domestic carbon monoxide detectors are triggered.

View Full Article in:

Express-Times (Easton-Bethlehem, Pa.), The