Denver ranks No. 1 among U.S. cities in new construction jobs

04/11/2012 | KUSA-TV (Denver)

The $258 million Ralph Carr Judicial Complex and RTD's FasTracks light-rail expansion are among several projects that pushed Denver to the top of Associated General Contractors of America's list of metro areas that added the greatest number of construction jobs between February 2011 and February 2012. Denver added 6,300 new jobs in that time, but that doesn't make up for the 60,000 jobs lost since the recession. "We're 10% of the way there, we need the other 90% of the jobs and we've gotten a good start in the last year," said Michael Gifford with the AGC of Colorado.

View Full Article in:

KUSA-TV (Denver)