Amnesiac fishermen blame accident on propane fumes

04/14/2010 | Bonner County Daily Bee (Sandpoint, Idaho)

Two Idaho fishermen who rammed a docked sailboat, left the scene, then said they had no memory of the incident were likely delirious because of accumulated fumes from a propane-powered space heater, doctors say. The pair had sheltered beneath a canopy during blustery weather, and carbon monoxide buildup left them semiconscious and with little recollection of the day's events. "We were going to cite [them] for negligent operation until we substantiated the fact that they really didn't know what they were doing," said a sheriff's department official.

View Full Article in:

Bonner County Daily Bee (Sandpoint, Idaho)