Veterinary staff poisoned after dogs vomit phosphine gas

04/26/2012 | U.S. News & World Report

From 2006 to 2011, four veterinary clinics reported that human workers suffered ill effects, ranging from pain and respiratory difficulty to headaches and nausea, after inhaling highly toxic phosphine fumes from the vomitus of dogs who ingested zinc phosphide rodenticide pellets, according the CDC. Veterinarians and owners can also be exposed to the toxic gas when treating horses for phosphine poisoning, according to the AVMA.

View Full Article in:

U.S. News & World Report

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Director of Behavioral Health Operations
Meridian Health Plan
Detroit, MI
Medical Director
PacificSource
Bend, OR
Clinical Appeals RN
MJHS
Brooklyn, NY
Director of Clinical Operations
Meridian Health Plan
Detroit, MI
Sr. Director, Regulatory Compliance Intelligence and Outreach
Johnson & Johnson
New Brunswick, NJ