Maintenance of wood-shingled roof helped home survive fire

A wood-shingle roof that had been maintained regularly helped control the spread of flames at a burning house in Port Ludlow, Wash. The fire originated from a problem at the fireplace flue. "However, due to the homeowner’s diligence in maintaining the roof, spread of the fire was greatly reduced, and allowed firefighters to contain the fire to the area of origin on the roof," said Port Ludlow Fire Chief Brad Martin.

View Full Article in:

Port Townsend & Jefferson County Leader (Wash.)

Published in Brief: