Walgreen may speed up Alliance Boots buyout

U.S. pharmacy chain Walgreen has a 45% interest in U.K. retailer Alliance Boots, and it aims to acquire the remaining 55% earlier than originally planned. Walgreen has the option to buy the balance of the company next year, but investors are reportedly pushing to speed up the process, which will allow Walgreen to move its tax domicile from the U.S. to either the U.K. or Switzerland and save the company billions of dollars.

View Full Article in:

Telegraph (London) (tiered subscription model), The

Published in Briefs:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Retail

Job Title Company Location
Product Manager
Smithsonian Museum Retail
Washington, Dist. Columbia
Mgr of Merchandising and Supply Chain Systems
BJ's Wholesale Club
Westborough, Massachusetts
communications program manager, Partner Resources-Seattle, WA
Starbucks
Seattle, Washington
director, mobile engineering, Global Technology - Seattle, WA
Starbucks
Seattle, Washington
Sr. Social Media Specialist
DSW
Columbus, Ohio