Shippers seek to avoid "chaos" as screening deadline looms

05/27/2010 | Wall Street Journal, The

Some experts are warning of "minor breakouts of chaos" after the Aug. 1 deadline for screening all cargo shipped aboard passenger jets. Douglas Brittin, a TSA air cargo manager, noted during a panel discussion on Wednesday that 75% of cargo already receives mandated security screening but that the remaining 25% represents the biggest challenge.

View Full Article in:

Wall Street Journal, The

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Transportation

Job Title Company Location
Maintenance Controller
Flight Options
Cleveland, OH
General Manager - Airport Operations
Envoy Air Inc., formerly American Eagle Airlines
Laredo, TX
Manager, Material Planning
Spirit Airlines
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Flight Safety Specialist
One Sky Flight
Cleveland, OH
Program Manager Safety Communication
Alaska Airlines
Seattle, WA