Cocoa mulch might cause distress in pets

06/15/2010 | Orange County Register (Santa Ana, Calif.), The

Dogs that ingest cocoa bean shell mulch, commonly used in landscaping, might exhibit signs similar to chocolate poisoning, researchers found. Although deaths linked to the mulch are rare, it may lead to seizures if large amounts are consumed, an expert says, adding that pet owners should seek veterinary help if dogs are suspected of ingesting it.

View Full Article in:

Orange County Register (Santa Ana, Calif.), The

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care