Poisoned meatballs pose danger to pets, people in Calif. neighborhoods

07/14/2013 | KPIX-TV (San Francisco) · KNTV-TV (San Francisco)

A dachshund named Oskar who was placed in a medically induced coma after eating meatballs poisoned with strychnine died Thursday, according to Deb Campbell of San Francisco Animal Care & Control. Hundreds of tainted meatballs have been found in two San Francisco neighborhoods, apparently left in areas visited by dogs. Animals that eat the meatballs should be rushed to a veterinarian for immediate treatment, and people who see the bait should call 911 and avoid handling it because the poison can be absorbed across skin tissue.

View Full Article in:

KPIX-TV (San Francisco) · KNTV-TV (San Francisco)

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Senior Director, Research
America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
Washington, DC
Senior Director, Research
America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
Washington, DC
Director, Quality Regulatory Affairs
Cardinal Health
Chicago, IL
Regional Director, Southeastern Region - State Affairs
America's Heatlh Insurance Plans (AHIP)
Washington, DC
Regional Director, Southeastern Region - State Affairs
America's Heatlh Insurance Plans (AHIP)
Washington, DC