The roof of the gymnasium at the Mount Elementary School in Trenton, N.J., erupted into flames fueled by propane and tar. Four propane cylinders were chained together on the roof near where tarring was going on, and heat caused pressure to well up in one of the tanks, said Trenton Battalion Chief Ron Kostzyu. This could have caused a chain reaction of the tanks, creating a spark that set the tar and propane on fire. The rest of the school's roof was made of concrete, which helped stopped the spread of fire on the facility, according to fire officials.
Published in Brief: