Common grading standards shelved in no-zero policy flap

07/19/2009 | St. Petersburg Times (Fla.)

The Hernando County, Fla., school board shelved a proposal to institute a no-zero grading policy after an uproar from parents. But a policy that would have led to more consistency in grading for elementary-school students countywide also was postponed. Under that proposal, which may be discussed in the future, 80% of student grades would be based on tests and quizzes, while teachers would have more freedom to determine what accounts for the remaining 20%.

View Full Article in:

St. Petersburg Times (Fla.)

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Education

Job Title Company Location
Instructional Specialist
Community Training and Assistance Center
Richmond, VA
Senior Associate, School Turnaround
Community Training and Assistance Center
Richmond, VA
Quantitative Researcher
American Institutes for Research
Washington, DC
K-12 Teachers Needed at Int’l Schools
The International Educator
Multiple Locations
Deputy Director for Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA)
Sobe