Can foreign online retailers make inroads in China?

Alibaba's stellar growth highlights the key role online retail will play as China works to reposition its economy toward domestic consumption, creating growth opportunities for international e-commerce players that figure out how to successfully navigate the new market, writes Export Now founder Frank Lavin. Online comprises 20% to 30% of overall retail sales in China and about 50% among younger consumers, compared to 7% overall in the U.S.

View Full Article in:

Wall Street Journal (tiered subscription model), The

Published in Briefs:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Retail

Job Title Company Location
Senior Marketing Manager - Media
Shoe Carnival, Inc.
Evansville, Indiana
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Ralph Lauren
New York, New York
Sr. Financial Analyst
Orchard Brands
Beverly, Massachusetts
Customer Insights Manager
The Exchange
AAFES HQ, Dallas, Texas
Branch Manager
Crescent Electric Supply Company
Fort Dodge, IA