Debris can prove fatal for zoo animals

08/4/2010 | Oklahoman (Oklahoma City), The

Litter that makes its way into cages at the Oklahoma City Zoo has the potential to sicken and even kill animals, said veterinary services director Jennifer D'Agostino. Recently, an alligator at the zoo died from an infection caused by seven plastic water bottles the animal ingested. Other items found inside the zoo's alligators include coins, bottle caps and a shoe. "People will actually chuck coins right into their mouths. They don't have a spitting reflex like a mammal, so the next time they eat anything, they'll swallow them."

View Full Article in:

Oklahoman (Oklahoma City), The

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Regulatory Counsel
Food and Drug Administration
Silver Spring, MD
Pharmacy Care Manager
National Association of Chain Drug Stores
Arlington, VA
Vice President, Commercial Markets
Meridian Health
Neptune, NJ
Health Plan CEO – Oregon
Trillium Community Health Plan
Eugene, OR
Director of Operations - GBS
Mayo Clinic
Rochester, MN