Toxic blue-green algae is confirmed as cause of dog death

08/22/2011 | Dodge City Daily Globe (Kan.)

Kansas officials have confirmed a dog's death from exposure to toxic blue-green algae in the water at Milford Lake and the substance is suspected in the deaths of two others, say veterinarians from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Kansas State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory. Veterinarians should report any suspected cases of algae poisoning, because humans can also be affected, said State Public Health Veterinarian Ingrid Garrison.

View Full Article in:

Dodge City Daily Globe (Kan.)

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Director, Site Quality Management
CareFusion
Minneapolis, MN
Clinical Project Manager
Abiomed, Inc.
Danvers, MA
Sr. Manager, Regulatory Affairs - International
Integra LifeSciences
Plainsboro, NJ
Associate - Food and Drug
Keller and Heckman LLP
Washington, DC
In house Compliance Officer
Confidential
Pompano Beach, FL