Report shows gains in U.S. households' food security

09/8/2011 | Reuters

Fewer U.S. households fell into the category of "very low food security" in 2010, with the biggest gains coming in homes with children, women who live alone and families with incomes below 185% of the poverty line, the government reported. Data showed that 85.5% of households were "food secure" in 2010, but the remaining 14.5% -- 17.2 million households -- lacked that status at some point during the year, and of those, almost 60% participated in a federal nutrition-assistance program.

View Full Article in:

Reuters

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Clinical Trials Agreements Specialist (209955)
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine Inc.
Rockville, MD
Catheter Engineer Manager
ASAHI INTECC, Orange County CA R&D Center
Santa Ana, CA
Neurovascular Intervention Product Sales Rep, North East
ASAHI INTECC
Multiple Locations, SL_Multiple Locations
Senior Manager, Compliance
Stryker
Fremont, CA
Director, Office of Device Evaluation
FDA, Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Silver Spring, MD