Workers, not technical glitches, blamed for patrol-car fire

11/5/2010 | YouTube

Investigators say that human error was to blame for a recent fire that wrecked a propane-powered patrol car belonging to the Jackson County, Ga., Sheriff's Office. The duel-fuel vehicle's propane system was manufactured and installed correctly, but key safety features had been disabled by workers, allowing propane to leak into the vehicle's cab. The sheriff's office will push ahead with converting its fleet to propane, officials said, but employees are to get refresher training in how to refuel the vehicles.

View Full Article in:

YouTube