The skinny on chocolate: Is it actually harmful for dogs?

11/26/2012 | Arizona Daily Sun (Flagstaff), The

It's the theobromine in chocolate that is toxic for dogs, writes veterinarian Julianne Miller, and theobromine levels vary depending on the type of chocolate. Even if an animal doesn't ingest a toxic dose, Dr. Miller says chocolate can cause diarrhea, vomiting and pancreatitis, so any ingestion should be evaluated by a veterinarian. Also in this article, Dr. Miller explains the importance of vaccinating indoor cats.

View Full Article in:

Arizona Daily Sun (Flagstaff), The

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care