Report: Cell phones probably not a gas-ignition risk

12/10/2010 | WTOP-FM (Washington, D.C.)

Despite the warning signs at many gas stations, federal researchers say that cell-phone use is unlikely to ignite flammable gases. While an improperly functioning phone could create a spark, researchers say, there's no evidence that phone use has ever caused a gas-pump fire. Static electricity or cigarette use are more likely to spark a blaze, officials add.

View Full Article in:

WTOP-FM (Washington, D.C.)