Xylitol, tinsel, antifreeze and friends and family who slip human food to pets are among the heightened risks animals face during the winter holiday season, says veterinarian Ryan Keane. Small doses of xylitol in food or antifreeze licked off a driveway can be fatal; tinsel can get stuck on cats' tongues; and friends and family who sneak food from the table to share as treats can do more harm than good, Dr. Keane says.
Sign up for Animal Health SmartBrief
News for animal health professionals
Get the intelligence you need: news and information that is changing your industry today, hand-curated by our professional editors from thousands of sources and delivered straight to your inbox.