From CPG to restaurants, SmartBrief readers had a taste for stories about innovation in food and beverage this week. A story about what Mondelez's CEO called an "unprecedented pipeline of innovation" was clicked on the most, with coverage of Hershey's move into artificial intelligence for its Twizzlers brand not far behind. On the restaurant side of things, White Castle's innovative designs for its store of the future proved popular among readers, as did an analyst's report that meal delivery will play a major role in tomorrow's restaurant designs.
New food and beverage products also caught readers' eyes this week, from Wrigley's new Sweet Heat" Skittles and Starburst, to Skinnygirl's deal with Smithfield Foods to get into lunch meat. SmartBrief readers were also interested in Campbell Soup's expansion into meal kits through a new investment in Chef'd.
Check out the full list of this week's 10 most popular food and beverage stories from SmartBrief:
- Mondelez has "unprecedented pipeline of innovation" this year, CEO says
- Wrigley rolling out "Sweet Heat" versions of Skittles, Starburst
- Skinnygirl enters lunch meat category with Smithfield Foods partnership
- Hershey adopts AI process to perfect Twizzlers production
- McDonald's details additional improvements for franchisees
- Chef'd gets $10M investment from Campbell Soup
- Jacques Pepin on the evolution of US food culture
- Cargill names 6 to executive roles following protein business reorganization
- White Castle designs a restaurant for the future
- McDonald's remains the world's biggest restaurant company
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief's email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.