UN Dispatch: A brief description of the Secretary-General's most recent report on Darfur alleges that cooperation between the Sudanese government and the UN peacekeeping force "has improved." This is true, but considering the low baseline of Sudan's "cooperation," it is unfortunately not altogether helpful.
"In reality, serendipity accounts for 1% of the blessings we receive in life, work and love. The other 99% is due to our efforts."
Peter McWilliams, best-selling author
"We follow the age-old system of writing down everything about land in India -- who owns what, where, how much and what is grown. It is not easy to guard these maps and registers. They are always under attack from rains, mice and termites.""
Indian land record officer Bharat Lal Sharma. Read the full story.