The New York City Board of Health is likely to soon allow transgender people to switch the gender listed on their birth certificates, even if they have not had surgery to change their sex. A person seeking the change in status would have to supply affidavits from a doctor and a mental health professional, explaining why they should be classified as a member of the opposite sex and that the change in status would be permanent.

Full Story:

Related Summaries