The self-employed may qualify for small-group health insurance and a tax credit under the health care reform law if they pay themselves less than $50,000 a year. Step 1 is to find an insurance broker who can walk you through your options, Karen Klein writes. She also suggests exploring the option of hiring a professional employer organization.

Related Summaries