NFIB's latest monthly poll showed 10% of small businesses added jobs in July, which is up from 5% in June. In total, 15% of businesses cut jobs. "This suggests that private-sector job growth is improving and the unemployment rate shouldn't rise and might even surrender a tenth of a point or two," said NFIB Chief Economist William Dunkelberg.

Related Summaries