2/24/2011

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission proposed requiring 85% of futures contract transactions be made through a central limit order book system. The remaining 15%, according to the CFTC, could be made off-exchange in block trades. CME Group, Intercontinental Exchange and BlackRock are encouraging the regulator to lower the percentage of transactions required to be made on centralized markets.

Full Story:
Bloomberg, Reuters

Related Summaries