8/3/2011

New rules from the Environmental Protection Agency reduce the risk of accidental poisonings of pets, people and wildlife from rodenticides containing anticoagulants, but the trade-off could be an increase in the use of even deadlier poisons, writes Pet Talk columnist Sharon Peters. There are antidotes to anticoagulants that can successfully treat accidental ingestion if pets are treated in time, but there are fewer remedies for bromethalin and cholecalciferol poisoning, she writes.

Full Story:
USA Today

Related Summaries