8/22/2011

Kansas officials have confirmed a dog's death from exposure to toxic blue-green algae in the water at Milford Lake and the substance is suspected in the deaths of two others, say veterinarians from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Kansas State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory. Veterinarians should report any suspected cases of algae poisoning, because humans can also be affected, said State Public Health Veterinarian Ingrid Garrison.

Related Summaries