The STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report indicates that 407 new hotels opened in the U.S. in 2012, representing 0.5% growth over the previous year and an addition of 43,865 rooms to the total supply. "Net U.S. room supply growth in 2012 should be 0.5% when the final numbers are in, the second consecutive year of very low room capacity gains for the industry. We anticipate higher supply growth this year and are expecting a full year net room increase of about 1% in 2013," said Bobby Bowers, a senior vice president at STR.

Full Story:

Related Summaries