Folks cast their votes for the Veterinary Pet Insurance annual insurance claim of the year, and the winner of the 2013 Hambone Award is a dog who needed emergency medical care after ingesting 2 pounds of frozen onion rings. Onions are toxic to dogs, but emergency treatment mitigated any serious health problems for Winnie, a mixed-breed dog. Siberian cat Natasha took second place after undergoing veterinary treatment for a swim in the washing machine. Macie, a Labrador retriever, landed in third place for breaking a leg while running alongside her owner's bike.

Full Story:

Related Summaries