The Curtiss-Wright Hangar at the downtown Hamilton-Owens Airport was built in 1929 for an aviation company started by the Wright brothers and aviation pioneer Glenn Curtiss. It is on the National Register of Historic Places but has been neglected for decades. A group of aviation enthusiasts and private developers plan to restore the hangar and turn it into a family-style restaurant. The group's first step is to purchase the building from the county.

Related Summaries