Toronto resident Tamara Seibert saved her dog from strangulation in an elevator and posted security video of the incident online to serve as a warning to others. Seibert's Rottweiler was quickly lifted off the ground as his leash was caught in the doors and the elevator began to move. Seibert broke two fingers trying to free her dog, who was released when the leash broke. Veterinarian Esther Attard explains how owners can practice caution when handling leashed dogs. "The leash should never be wrapped around your hand/arm ... The end of the leash should be folded over and held in your other hand so it is not dangling," Dr. Attard said.

Full Story:
Toronto Sun

Related Summaries