A 27-year-old man and his 16-year-old brother contracted plague reportedly from eating infected marmot meat, according to Mongolia's National Center for Zoonotic Diseases. Hundreds of people in the Khovd province of Mongolia have had first- or second-hand contact with at least one of the brothers, and a quarantine zone is being established.
Brothers in Mongolia contract plague
Sign up for Animal Health SmartBrief
News for animal health professionals
Get the intelligence you need: news and information that is changing your industry today, hand-curated by our professional editors from thousands of sources and delivered straight to your inbox.