Emergency veterinarian Marcella Granfone says she and her colleagues at Arizona Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Center have treated a growing number of marijuana toxicity cases since Arizona decriminalized possession of marijuana for recreational use. "We have seen more severe effects from edible products where pets can come in looking comatose and actually will need a machine to breathe for them for a period of time," Dr. Granfone said.
Sign up for Animal Health SmartBrief
News for animal health professionals
Get the intelligence you need: news and information that is changing your industry today, hand-curated by our professional editors from thousands of sources and delivered straight to your inbox.