Emergency veterinarian David Owen removed 80 centimeters (about 31 inches) of tinsel from the stomach of an 8-year-old German shepherd dog in Manchester, England. The dog's owner says he had never chewed shoes or toys, and she was surprised he ate the tinsel, which Dr. Owen says can cut through intestinal tissue and cause severe damage.
Sign up for Animal Health SmartBrief
News for animal health professionals
Get the intelligence you need: news and information that is changing your industry today, hand-curated by our professional editors from thousands of sources and delivered straight to your inbox.