Veterinarian Ellie Shelburne is among those in Massachusetts who say they have been seeing more dogs with marijuana intoxication, primarily from eating their owners' cannabis products, since the commonwealth decriminalized possession. Edible marijuana products that contain chocolate are particularly dangerous for dogs and can cause seizures, coma and death, Dr. Shelburne says.
Marijuana edibles put dogs at risk, Mass. veterinarian warns
Sign up for Animal Health SmartBrief
News for animal health professionals
Get the intelligence you need: news and information that is changing your industry today, hand-curated by our professional editors from thousands of sources and delivered straight to your inbox.