An 8-month-old dugong in Thailand that became a social media sensation died due to what biologists believe was shock and plastic ingestion. The dugong, which is similar to a manatee, had plastic waste in her intestinal tract and bruises possibly caused by a male dugong.
Sign up for Animal Health SmartBrief
News for animal health professionals
Get the intelligence you need: news and information that is changing your industry today, hand-curated by our professional editors from thousands of sources and delivered straight to your inbox.