Veterinarian Mickey Tivers surgically removed a stick and repaired an esophageal puncture in a Labrador puppy that swallowed a cigar-size stick. Chewing on sticks can cause obstructions, cuts, tears and infection; and sticks from some trees contain toxins.
Sign up for Animal Health SmartBrief
News for animal health professionals
Get the intelligence you need: news and information that is changing your industry today, hand-curated by our professional editors from thousands of sources and delivered straight to your inbox.