A 4-year-old bullmastiff-boxer mix had emergency surgery to extract a metal fork that he ate along with a piece of pumpkin pie given to him by his owner. Veterinarian Wendy Browning-Cozart said the surgery succeeded but the dog is still at risk of infection, and she cautions against feeding pets food meant for humans and using utensils to do so.
Dog needs emergency surgery after owner feeds him pie with a fork
Sign up for Animal Health SmartBrief
News for animal health professionals
Get the intelligence you need: news and information that is changing your industry today, hand-curated by our professional editors from thousands of sources and delivered straight to your inbox.