A Facebook post that has been shared more than 250,000 times claims that common Christmas-themed dog treats sold in stores are dangerous and potentially fatal. AVMA President Dr. John Howe says some of the claims aren't verifiable, but the part about rawhide and other chews causing intestinal blockage is true, and he suggests checking lists published by the AVMA or FDA for recalls and warnings before buying holiday treats.
Howe says viral social media post about dog treats is partially true
Sign up for Animal Health SmartBrief
News for animal health professionals
Get the intelligence you need: news and information that is changing your industry today, hand-curated by our professional editors from thousands of sources and delivered straight to your inbox.