SmartBrief honors innovative bloggers: Meet this month’s winners
SmartBrief Education editors and writers sift through thousands of sources each day, reading a variety of content, including blogs and commentaries written by you and your peers.
In an effort to recognize some of the innovative voices in the field, we’ve asked our team to nominate their favorite content each month from which we’ll choose two winners for the Editor’s Choice Content Award. These award winners are then in the running for our annual Educators’ Choice Award.
Meet this month’s winners:
- Jennifer L. Scheffer for 10 Edtech Tools Teachers Can Use Tomorrow (Literally), Make IT Happen
- Taylor Meredith for Starting Student Feedback Loops, The Formative Feedback Project
- Sarah Henderson for Laughter and Learning: Humor Boosts Retention, Edutopia
- Mercer Hall and Patricia A. Russac for Inspiration Plus Creativity Equals Innovative Teaching And Learning, the ASIDE blog
Listen to an interview with Mercer and Patricia on Education Talk Radio.
- Brad Gustafson for What Do You Burn For?, Adjusting Course
Listen to an interview with Brad on Education Talk Radio.
- Ariel Sacks for Decoding the Common Core: A Teacher’s Perspective, Education Week
Listen to an interview with Ariel on Education Talk Radio.
- Starr Sackstein for Authentic Student-Led Discussion, Music to My Ears, Education Week Teacher, Work in Progress
Listen to an interview with Starr on Education Talk Radio.
- Andrew P. Marcinek, A Class Full of Geniuses, THE Journal
Listen to an interview with Andrew on Education Talk Radio.
- Lori Desautels for Energy and Calm: Brain Breaks and Focused-Attention Practices, Edutopia
Listen to an interview with Lori on Education Talk Radio.
- Nancy Barile for 10 Tips for Setting Successful Goals With Students, Education Week Teacher
Listen to an interview with Nancy on Education Talk Radio.
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about education. We offer newsletters covering higher education, educational leadership and more.