Best-of restaurants, milk processors lists are this week’s most-read
News of Italy's Osteria Francescana ranking first in the World's 50 Best Restaurant Awards, an honor that has gone to European eateries since 2005, was the most-read story by SmartBrief readers this week. From the same story, US restaurants and chefs did make the list, including Eleven Madison Park which rose to third place from fifth last year. Chicago's Alinea came in 15th and New York eateries Le Bernardin, Estela and Blue Hill at Stone Barns ranked 24th, 44th and 48th respectively.
The second list to appeal to readers this week was a list compiled by the IFCN Dairy Research Network that named Dairy Farmers of America, Fonterra, Groupe Lactalis, Arla and Nestle as the top five milk processors in the world by intake volume. The list included the top 20 processors, which collect more than a quarter of milk produced across the globe.
Other well-read stories included foodservice stories about IHOP’s blurring of the lines between breakfast and brunch, the best foodservice chains according to a new Harris Poll and Shake Shack’s new mall location in Minnesota.
Check out the complete list of the top 10 most-read stories this week across all food and beverage briefs:
- 2016's 50 Best Restaurants list includes 5 US eateries
- List reveals top 20 milk processors in the world
- Procter & Gamble tries to win the future
- IHOP burger blurs the lines between breakfast, lunch
- Innovation, acquisitions drive growth for Hormel
- Poll: Moe's, In-N-Out Burger win with diners
- Kroger sees growing grocery competition from Amazon
- Food manufacturers adapt to clean label demands
- Oprah Winfrey files patent for branded food, beverage products
- Shake Shack makes its mall debut in Minn.
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 14 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.