As we head into the holidays, this week’s list of top 10 stories spread across CPG, retail and foodservice, with foodservice dominating as stories ranging from chef tactics on pot roast to 2017 menu trends and millennial-targeted meatless dishes on QSR menus taking a majority of the spots.
The most-clicked story covered news on executive changes at Mondelez as the company has bolstered its stated commitment to online and digital advertising by bringing on two CPG vets to fill vice president positions. And third, after pot roast tips, was news on Snyders-Lance’s sale of Diamond of California, its culinary nut business, in an effort to focus on the snack company's core brands.
Rounding up the top five was a story Albertsons potentially nearing a deal to acquire Price Chopper, according to sources, and 2017 menu trends.
Check out the rest of the top 10 stories for this past week:
- Mondelez fills 2 VP roles with CPG veterans
- Braising in stages results in premium pot roast
- Snyder's-Lance sells Diamond of California to private equity firm
- Sources: Albertsons nears deal to acquire Price Chopper
- 2017 menu trends may include savory ice cream, hearty breakfast fare
- Putting meatless items on the menu can help QSRs appeal to millennial diners
- 20 questions to improve work conversations
- Cracker Barrel sales grow for 10th consecutive quarter
- NYC eatery puts a modern spin on Feast of the Seven Fishes
- Overhauling its image, investing in tech were key to Domino's turnaround
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief's email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 17 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.