News about large CPG companies took the majority of this week’s top 10 most-read food and beverage stories with PepsiCo’s move to create “e-commerce-friendly packaging” sitting at the top of the list.
And from B&G’s “aggressive” innovation pipeline to overhaul several of its major brands, including Cream of Wheat and Ortega, to Mondelez seeing net revenues from its e-commerce channel grow by over 35% last year, themes of e-commerce and innovation through new products and packaging were woven throughout this week’s top CPG stories. Duncan Hines’s new microwaveable baking mix and Nestle’s move to dive deeper into frozen food e-commerce sales also made the list.
Read the full list of this week’s most-read stories:
- Carey: PepsiCo creating "e-commerce-friendly packaging"
- What will Popeyes look like under new ownership?
- B&G Foods to launch new Green Giant, Pirate's Booty products
- Mondelez sees e-commerce sales soar
- Hershey taps Unilever vet for US president role
- Buck: M&A to play "important role" for Hershey
- Duncan Hines embraces single-serve market with mug-friendly baking mix line
- Nestle USA president: Frozen foods are next e-commerce realm
- Tyson moves Tastemakers line to retail after selling out online
- How to prepare for immigration audits
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief's email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.