CPG news dominates this week’s top 10: Tabasco, Polar Seltzer, Godiva and more
CPG news took many of this week’s top 10 story spots, with news of Tabasco’s Scorpion sauce selling out within hours, creating a backlog through November being the most popular story of the week. Polar Seltzer’s debut of three new mythological-inspired flavors: Mermaid Songs, Yeti Mischief and Dragon Whispers this week followed closely behind. Executive changes across companies like Godiva, Mondelez and Hostess also caught the attention of readers this week.
Amazon took the only two non-CPG stories that made the list this week, with news about the company experimenting with fresh grocery fulfillment formats including click-and-collect, online ordering and home delivery to find the right fit and reports on Amazon’s growth in grocery and perishables piquing readers’ interest.
Check out the full list of this week's 10 most popular food and beverage stories from SmartBrief:
- Tabasco Scorpion Sauce sells out within hours as hot sauce category soars
- Polar Seltzer rolls out 3 new flavors rooted in mythology
- Amazon tests formats to find the right fit for grocery
- Amazon results reveal strong growth in grocery
- Hershey plans future investments in candy, mints, gum and snacks
- Bai to relaunch Antiwater line with new packaging
- Godiva names Starbucks vet to CEO role
- Rosenfeld to retire from Mondelez, Van de Put named new CEO
- Wilcox to leave COO role at Hostess
- Flowers Foods releases branded Oreo brownie
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief's email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.