Whole Foods’ predictions about next year’s food trends topped the list of most-read food and beverage stories this week. The retailer expects Pacific Rim flavors like mango and passion fruit to entice consumers, and is also projecting that probiotics and fatty foods will be on more menus next year. Grocery retail readers were also drawn to stories from Ahold Delhaize, Meijer, Lidl and Kroger.
In CPG news, a story about Kellogg’s updated supply chain and sales structure was popular with readers, as was the news that Schwan’s sold a majority stake of its business to South Korea’s CJ CheilJedang in a $1.8 billion deal.
Restaurant readers were interested in a story about innovative takes on Thanksgiving dessert from Detroit's Sister Pie. The confections include a sweet potato coconut pie and a cranberry crumble variation. Check out the full list of this week's 10 most popular food and beverage stories from SmartBrief:
- Whole Foods names 2019's top 10 food trends
- Kellogg revamps sales, supply chain structure
- Report: Ahold Delhaize looking to acquire more US assets
- S. Korean firm buying majority stake in Schwan's for $1.8B
- How Meijer gets the most from data insights
- Maine school withdraws from federal lunch program
- Japan's Fuji Oil to acquire Blommer Chocolate
- Lidl acquiring 27 N.Y., N.J. Best Market stores
- Kroger CEO: Investment in Wis. banners paying off
- 4 pies that put a creative twist on Thanksgiving classics
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for GMA SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.